sized types and more krb lib lossage...

Assar Westerlund assar at sics.se
Mon Mar 2 18:50:18 CET 1998

John Hawkinson <jhawk at MIT.EDU> writes:
> include/kafs.h needs sized types, so atypes.h should be included,
> otherwise fs.c doesn't build on systems that don't get them from
> somewhere else (i.e. not find bind, from kth-krb, etc., etc.).  (Patch
> not included since I'm not sure if you'd like to include atypes.h as
> part of kafs.h or as part of fs.c and vos.c; not clear given the
> confusing example in rxkad/).

I added atypes.h in appl/appl_locl.h.  (You want to be able to build
libkafs as part of kth-krb4 without any arla and then it uses
ktypes.h.)

> If not using kth-krb, then fs and vos will not build, as they require
> -lkafs (for k_pioctl and k_hasafs). I'm not sure what to say
> here...perhaps the answer is that kth-krb4 is required, but this seems
> kind of inconvenient. Other choices are to kill those functions
> entirely, or produce a seperate libkafs for the non-kth kerberos
> distributions.
>
> Thoughts?

libkafs is needed, otherwise fs is not going to be able to do
anything.  So I think the right answer is to use Derrick's krbafs if
you don't use kth-krb4.

> Other incidentals:
>
> 	1.	arlad should probably use getopt(), but you knew that.

Yeah.

> 	2.	On the Solaris 2.5.1 machine where I built arlad,
> 		arlad -t seems to work quite well with ThisCell set to
> 		stacken.kth.se, or sipb.mit.edu, but fails on athena.mit.edu:

I would think it's this code in arla.c that fails for athena.mit.edu.
But wouldn't it fail for sipb.mit.edu as well?  The realm should be
MIT.EDU in both cases, right?

	{
	    char *realm = strdup(cell_getthiscell ());

	    strupr(realm);

	    if (get_cred("afs","",realm, &krbdata.c)) {
		ARLADEB(ADEBINIT, ("error getting ticket for %s\n",
				   realm));
	    } else if (cred_add_krb4(getuid(), &krbdata.c) == NULL) {
		ARLADEB(ADEBINIT, ("Could not insert tokens to arla\n"));
	    }
	    free (realm);
	}

Try hard-coding MIT.EDU and see if that works.  We'll have to add (or
rather, use) the generic guess-my-realm-and-cell code that's in
libkafs.

/assar