fs does not work?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Fri Jun 26 08:42:06 CEST 1998

I'm experiencing something weird which I suspect I won't track tonight but
instead will go to bed and play with in the AM.

sparclinux-2.0-980625 (2.0.34)

arla 0.7.2 with the patch in fcache.c applied to make EMT mount points work

kth-krb-980613 with a small patch to make the shared library libkrb.so useful
(which i submitted to kth-krb-bugs)

I can see in /afs, but as Naomaru did I have the problem where fs can't see
that AFS exists. afslog fails to stuff tokens into the kernel, as does aklog,
which did with the last version I had on this machine. (which also has a real
AFS install on it, albeit unused right now)
[root at jooky linux]# aklog andrew.cmu.edu
aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell andrew.cmu.edu (status: 11862788).
[root at jooky linux]# translate_et 11862788
11862788 (ktc).4 = a pioctl failed

But lo, what is in /var/log/messages but lots of things like:
Jun 26 02:37:56 jooky kernel: sys_afs operation: 20 a_pathP: 00000000 a_opcode:
-2146675197 a_paramsP: efffdc40 a_followSymlinks: 0
Jun 26 02:37:56 jooky kernel: xfs_pioctl

Since it looks like /afs doesn't want to unmount i guess i'll debug further
tomorrow.

-D