First attempt with arla-0.6

Assar Westerlund assar at sics.se
Tue Jun 2 19:22:25 CEST 1998

"A.J.Martin" <A.J.Martin at qmw.ac.uk> writes:
> On a different subject, how is one supposed to obtain an afs token
> using kth-krb4? If I do for example:
>
> kauth -c CERN.CH
> >  Password:

kauth does check at run-time if you have AFS support in your kernel.
Linux support has been there since (at least) 0.6.  Checking for
configuration files in `/usr/arla' in addition to `/usr/vice' was only
added recently and has been there since krb4-980405.  I suggest you
either copy the configuration files to /usr/vice or update to a newer
version of kth-krb4.

(You also, obviously, need to have the kernel module and arlad running.)

> klist
>
> showing no evidence of a an AFS token.

klist should show the afs-ticket it acquired.  To see the tokens
currently stored in the kernel, use `klist -T'.

/assar