arla 0.8, NetBSD 1.3.2 alpha lkm

John Davison davisoja at clarkson.edu
Tue Jul 28 23:27:07 CEST 1998

On 28 Jul 1998, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> John Davison <davisoja at clarkson.edu> writes:
> > `modload -e xfs_mod -o /var/tmp/symbols /usr/arla/bin/xfs_mod.o` gives:
> > xfs_mod: ld: cannot open linker script file 0: No such file or directory
> > modload: can't prelink `/usr/arla/bin/xfs_mod.o' creating `/var/tmp/symbols'
>
> It looks like modload is calling ld with the wrong arguments.  Try
> `modload -d -v' and see if you get any more information from that.

OK, it goes like this now:

clutx# modload -d -v -e xfs_mod -o /var/tmp/symbols /usr/arla/bin/xfs_mod.o
ld -A /netbsd -e _xfs_mod -o /var/tmp/symbols -T 0 /usr/arla/bin/xfs_mod.o
ld: cannot open linker script file 0: No such file or directory
modload: can't prelink `/usr/arla/bin/xfs_mod.o' creating `/var/tmp/symbols'

This might just be a NetBSD/alpha thing.  I have another identical machine
with NetBSD-current, but was unable to even compile krb4 on it.  Unless
someone can see some glaring error on my part from one of the above lines,
I'll see if anyone on the NetBSD alpha-port has any ideas.

john