compiler error

wwshen@eecs.umich.edu wwshen at eecs.umich.edu
Mon Jul 27 17:57:57 CEST 1998

    When I recompiled the xfs file, I got the following error,

gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I/usr/src/sys/arch -I/usr/src/sys
-I../../include -I./../../include  -I./../include  -I/usr/athena/include
-DDEBUG -DDIAGNOSTIC  -DKERNEL -D_KERNEL -DLKM -D_LKM
-DACTUALLY_LKM_NOT_KERNEL -g  -Wall -Wno-unused xfs_dev.c
In file included from xfs_dev.c:42:
xfs_msg_locl.h:48: two or more data types in declaration of
`xfs_message_installroot'
xfs_dev.c: In function `xfs_message_receive':
xfs_dev.c:487: incompatible types in return
*** Error code 1

  But the data structure for installroot in xfs_msg_locl.h
is as follows:

int
xfs_message_installroot(int fd,
                        struct xfs_message_installroot * message,
                        u_int size,
                        struct proc *p);

   When I move this statement into my xfs_dev.c and comment it
out in xfs_msg_locl.h, I got the same error for xfs_message_install
attr. After I remove all the declaratoins into the xfs_dev.c, I
got the same error for <xfs_dev.h>. Could anyone tell me how I can
fix this problem? I appreciate for your help very much.
wuwei

| Wuwei Shen                                  |  University of Michigan |
| Office: 3334 EECS BLDG.                     |  Tel: 763-5243          |