patch to fix symlink-related GPFs on Linux

Aaron M. Ucko amu at MIT.EDU
Sat Jul 25 21:11:57 CEST 1998

Magnus Ahltorp <map at stacken.kth.se> writes:

> Could you try to enable xfs debugging before doing these stats? You
> can use the setdebug command (do a "make setdebug" in xfs/linux in
> your object directory). "setdebug on" will enable full debugging, and
> "setdebug off" will turn off debugging.

I loaded the module with xfsdeb set to 0xFFFFFFFF, but I didn't see
any unusual messages when it hung.

> Does the machine lock solid, or is it only the ls -al that locks? Can

The machine locks solid, though VT scrolling and switching still
work.  (This is the same state Linux is in when successfully halted.)

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu at mit.edu> (finger amu at monk.mit.edu)