patch to fix symlink-related GPFs on Linux

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Fri Jul 24 14:25:20 CEST 1998

> > > We need to set the to_kmem argument of read_exec based on *gasp*
> > > whether we're reading to kernel space.
> >
> > I merged your patch to fit into 0.8. The code should work now.
>
> Uhm, that was about the first thing I did when 0.8 came out; the
> problems I saw involved null pointers and appeared unrelated.

I'm sorry if my message was confusing, but I meant to say that the
readlink code should work now (on i386), because of your patch. I have
fixed many other bugs in the xfs code, so please try the snapshot that
was just released.

Please note that the Linux xfs was rewritten rather heavily in 0.8,
without testing things on Linux 2.0. The snapshot, however, is tested
on a Linux 2.0 i386, so many of the bugs should be gone.

/Magnus
map at stacken.kth.se