Arla 0.8 vs. missing CellServDB entries

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Mon Jul 20 15:49:39 CEST 1998

Could you please recreate this problem, and
1) Load your module with insmod -m and save the mapping info you get there
2) Start arlad with "arlad --debug="all,-cleaner" --log=/var/log/arlalog"

Either you can interpret that information yourself, or you can mail it
to me (the parts where it fails, and the last minute or something).

> (xfs symbols don't appear in /proc/ksyms, go figure...)

They should. What kernel version are you using? Only non-static
symbols show up, though.

> test5 is a symlink to test5.ece.cmu.edu, mountpoint in ece.cmu.edu cell for
> test5.ece.cmu.edu:root.cell --- a test cell I forgot to add to my CellServDB
> at home.  Evidently xfs doesn't handle mount points for cells not listed in
> its CellServDB gracefully yet.

If you insert this RR into DNS, arlad will find your server even if
you don't add it to your CellServDB.

test4.ece.cmu.edu.    AFSDB   1 dee.ece.cmu.edu.

/Magnus
map at stacken.kth.se