more problems on freebsd

Assar Westerlund assar at sics.se
Thu Jul 16 21:51:50 CEST 1998

"Alec Wolman" <wolman at cs.washington.edu> writes:
> yes.  but it is strange to see a bunch of output to stdout, none of
> which contains the one thing you might be interested in.  perhaps
> having both printf and uprintf would do the trick.

That's mainly old debugging cruft left behind.  I think almost all of
that (expect the stuff that you really need) should use the XFSDEB
macros so it can be turned off instead.  When I do the restructuring
of xfs I'll probably fix it.

And having the user read of the number and create the device by hand
is kind of sub-optimal as well.  I don't know any way of doing it
automatically except actually creating the device nodes when loading
the module which seems ugly.

/assar