0.20 build & install problems on i386 netbsd1.3H

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Dec 28 18:52:17 CET 1998

Ken Raeburn <raeburn at raeburn.org> writes:

> The main thing here is that $srcdir!=".".

We compile $srcdir!=$objdir, but our problems usully comes from
that we "only" have kth-krb.

>[include stuff]

I applied your patches

> NetBSD "sed" doesn't like multiple commands being given as one in the
> xfs/bsd/bin directory.

Does it break ? It works for me on netbsd1.3.2 and netbsd1.3I.

> but make and output redirection aren't so
> friendly.

Ok, fixed that.

> On NetBSD, the selection of KERNEL_CFLAGS gets the -I options using
> the installed make include files.  It thus ignores the --with-sys
> given on the command line (though it is used elsewhere); I had to make
> /sys point to the kernel sources I wanted to use.  Not a major deal,
> but it might be helpful to document it, and maybe put consistency
> checks into configure.in.
>
> Yes, of course, having bsd.kmod.mk and /sys correct is important for
> building kernel modules, but having the --with-sys=DIR option gives
> the illusion that it's not so important in this case.  (And in my
> case, I haven't built any other kernel modules on this system, so they
> weren't correct.)

:( The whole thing is a mess.

We are building some kind of fix for it.

> >From a spot check, it looks to me like maybe the 1998-12-23 change
>
> 	* xfs/bsd/xfs_vfsops.c: move all xfs initialization code into
> 	xfs_vfsops-*bsd.c

well its rather 1998-12-23,
      * xfs/bsd/xfs_vfsops.c: move all xfs initialization code into
	xfs_vfsops-*bsd.c

We fixed earlier that today. Please try the snapshot on
<ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap/arla-1998-12-28.tar.gz>
(working on netbsd*, and kld (freebsd3.0))