arla 0.20: getcwd & XFS panics

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Dec 26 00:30:59 CET 1998

Max <maxk at chinook.stanford.edu> writes:
> Until I did that, I couldn't start X (it complained about a missing
> __getcwd symbol).

According to my understanding, this means there's some program that's
linked against libc5 (which doesn't have a __getcwd).

> So, whatever changed with getcwd managed to break it in a major way.

What has changed is that getcwd.so tries to fallback on calling
__getcwd if it doesn't find a getcwd system call.  This fails with
libc5 becaus it doesn't have a __getcwd symbol.  I've tried to make a
solution that works with libc5 but failed.

> Message from syslogd at chinook at Thu Dec 24 16:30:49 1998 ...
> chinook kernel: XFS Panic: xfs_message_installnode: dentry existed in cache && requested == 0

You shouldn't loose any sleep over this.  That's a message we added to
try to detect a case that wasn't supposed to happen, but it does
happen when you interrupt it.  We'll probably just remove that warning
message.

/assar