AFS or DFS (off topic - sorry)

Karsten Thygesen karthy at kom.auc.dk
Thu Dec 3 15:01:21 CET 1998

Hi guys!

I'm sorry to bring up this slightly off-topic point, but I have no
other genies to ask :-)

At Aalborg University, Denmark, we do consider to introduce AFS as our
strategic backbone, but is AFS the right choise? It seems, that many
is moving toward DFS, but I can't find any article, which compares
these products. Is AFS dead? How does AFS/DFS compare regarding
expenses? Our platform is mainly Solaris, Linux and Windows 95/98/NT.

Anyway - if anyone have any clue in one or the other direction, then
please mail me in private (as it is offtopic fot this list) and I will
bring a summary here (if there is any interest).

Best regards,

Karsten

--
M.Sc.E.E, Sys/Net-administrator, BOFH, Aalborg University, Denmark
http://www.kom.auc.dk/~karthy/ for more information.