Callback & LKM

Assar Westerlund assar at sics.se
Fri Apr 3 06:09:12 CEST 1998

wwshen at engin.umich.edu writes:
>    I read the source code and find when a callback is revoked,
> break_callback sets the opcodes to XFS_MSG_INVALIDNODE. Does
> xfs permit the above process 2 to read the old version file???

The function that receives the INVALIDNODE message is
xfs_message_invalidnode which will invalidate the validity of the
cached file meaning that any process reading it will have to request a
new copy from arlad.

>    In addition, I think another thread should execute with the
> arlad. But I can not find the function to create that thread.

You mean the thread receiveing the callback?  That thread(s) are
started by rx_StartServer() called in cmcb_init().

/assar