Lecture: Passwords, please. 2023-09-09 (Kulturnatten), 19:00

Anke Stüber zeltophil at dfupdate.se
Mon Sep 4 19:43:20 CEST 2023

Hi all,

you're invited to the Update Computer Club[0] public lecture series
"Updateringar"[1]!

When:   2023-09-09, 19:00 CEST
Where:  Svartbäcksgatan 65, 753 33 Uppsala
Stream: https://bbb.cryptoparty.se/b/upd-0mo-m2u-aq8

Passwords, please.
This year marks the sixtieth year since passwords were first documented
as being used with computers. Nowadays, entering your username and
password is still one of the most common approaches to access services.
And yet, despite this long time, we still cannot seem to get them quite
right. In this talk we will start with a survey of the history of
password security from the first time shared systems, to the modern ways
to protect them. We will then discuss what makes a good password and
provide tips on how to generate them. Finally we will introduce some of
the latest developments in the field of password security.
Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (Chalmers)

The lecture is free and open to everyone.

It is part of our programme on Kulturnatten (Culture Night) Uppsala.
>From 15:00 to 22:00 the Update Computer Club exhibits computers from the
1960s and onwards, and presents their technologies and the culture
around them. See classics like the PDP-8 and PDP-11, try out the
Commodore 64, and play the legendary arcade game Asteroids on original
hardware with us.

Don't want to miss upcoming events? Subscribe to our low-traffic
announcement list here[2]!

Hope to see you there,
Anke/zeltophil

[0] https://www.dfupdate.se/en/